30 July 2014

Pizza Express | Spring Summer Menu

Last weekend Jason and I went on a little dinner date to Pizza Express in York. We had been invited over to try the new Spring/ Summer menu.It had been hot all week but it choose Saturday to rain ... heavily!So we have to make a quick dash for the restaurant from the car park. It would of been lovely to have a walk around the town after but we had a lovely meal together. I'm not sure of the history of the restaurant but it looked like it was in the hall/ ball room of an old house, it was very beautiful. If it had been sunny there was a lovely outside seating area looking over the river. 

It was quite busy when we arrived... it was a Saturday afternoon. The staff were lovely, they came straight over to ask which drinks we would like and gave us a few minutes to look at the menu. 

I normally go for things I've had before...the 'safe option' but I wanted to try new things this time that I hadn't tried before. So for my starter I went for the Leggera Panzanella which was under 250cals. (description below) and Jason went for the Dough balls which he said were really good... I wanted to pinch them they looked so nice!

 'Inspired by the classic Tuscan dish, full of fresh colour and flavour. 
Santos & vine tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, surfine capers and croutons
 marinated with extra virgin olive oil, garlic, basil and balsamic vinegar.'

For main course I went for the Girardiniera pizza, again something I haven't had before. I usually stick to the safe cheese or cheese and pineapple. It was really good, I have never had artichokes before but wanted to try them. I went for the original crush. (description below). Jason went for the Calzone salami e salsiccia Jason typically likes his meaty pizzas. I don't think this had much meat inside but he cleared his plate.(description below).For sides we went for the Polenta Chips, these were the only thing we both weren't keen on. 
Girardiniera
Artichokes, mushrooms, red peppers, marinated santos
tomatoes, leeks, olives, garlic oil, tomato and pesto base

'Calzone'

Italian cured meats and crumbled 
fennel & chilli sausage with passata, roasted red and yellow
 peppers, garlic oil, mozzarella, parsley and baby spinach.
'Polenta Chips'
Italian polenta with rosemary, twice baked and finished with Gran Moravia
 cheese, served with honey and mustard dressing

For desert we both went for the Raspberry sorbet.It was sooo good! We are normally too full for desert but id heard from my sister who visited the Leeds restaurant to try out the menu recently that it was amazing. Jason really loved it too. If you go to pizza express you definitely need to try this.  This was under 200 cals.
'Two scoops of lemon curd or dairy-free raspberry sorbet
 served with a chocolate straw and fresh mint'

Overall we have a really nice time at Pizza Express. The Staff were great and the restaurant is beautiful.We would definitely go back again! If you are a student you can get student discount too which is great.

A huge thank you to Pizza Express and Kelly!!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
PREMIUM BLOGGER TEMPLATES FROM pipdig