9 February 2014

Who knows about you blog? Do you tell Friends/Family?


I know for some people blogging is something they do for themselves and don't really tell anyone about it. For the longest time no one knew about my blog apart from my partner (i knew he wouldn't read it). I'm not sure why i didn't tell people and to this day there is only  few people who i know in my 'real life' that know about it. I think partly because i want something for myself where i can go and talk about whatever i like, i also use my blog as sort of a dairy so i can look back at things I've done with my family and beauty products I've liked using. There has been so many time's I've wanted to buy something i have used before and couldn't remember what it was called its so good to just think ohh it was around then when i liked it and just look through my blog around that date. Different colour hair dyes have been a big one that i can remember looking for.

After i had been blogging a few years my sister Jessica really got into youtube and blogs and would talk about it all the time and wanted to start one herself but was a bit worried about it and would say 'ohh we should both do one and start together' at that time i hadn't planned on telling anyone about it so it felt like a big thing for me to tell her. As soon as i told her i already had one and had been doing it a while she got excited and was more confident about setting her own up. It's so good now to be have someone to talk about 'blogging' with and go to meet ups with. Jessica's blog is called PeachyNotes if you want to have a nosey. 

There are a few other people who know about it now but haven't seen it (that i know of). I do always wonder if other people i know have come across it but just haven't said anything or if any of my friends have their own blog but keep it to themselves. I always wonder when i go shopping when i see other girl looking at make up etc if they blog too.  Have you ever thought that?

I told my older sister who i do The Bow Boutique with last year just before it opened. The reason i though of doing this post is because i had told her about using the Lee Stafford hot shots toner and i was on the phone to her last night while she was looking at it on Google and she said 'ohh your blogs popped up' which got me thinking..... that could of been really awkward  if i hadn't already of told her and i just popped up when she was looking on google lol  (this was the post from 2011!!!) it was still a bit cringey her readying something i had wrote 3 years ago although i think im alot more relaxed about it know. It seems more of an everyday thing and so many people have their own blog now.

 Has anyone found out about your blog while searching for reviews?
Do your family and friends know about you blog?

Laura xx

15 comments:

  1. I have only told one friend but I do plan to tell my family soon... I want to change my blog name to either 'Still Brunette' (my hair colour) or 'Orange Elements' (or something involving Orange as it is my favourite colour... Which one do you think is best?xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ohh they are both good can't decide which i like more! xx

      Delete
  2. I literally hadnt told anyone except close family, but today I was feeling brave and shared my link on facebook. My mum, dad, stepdad, auntie and nan all shared the link onto their pages and I've had over 500 page views thanks to it! I'm amazed! I've been putting it off for so long because I didn't want anyone to think its silly, but now I'm just thinking..why haven't I done it before?!

    xxx | daisydaisyxxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's amazing hun :) I don't think i'd ever have the guts to share mine on my fb. so good that youve done it :) xx

      Delete
  3. My partner too knows about my blog, he regularly asks me if I'm going to blog tonight and supports me in what I do.
    My mum knows I have one but hasn't seen it, my sister knew I did youtube but I wouldn't let her see it. I think she has forgotten now or doesn't want to look in case I embarrass her.
    As for friend or friends of friends I would so love to have the confidence to share my blog with fb but I am scared people would laugh at my hard work that I so love to do. It's a part of me that makes me happy and for once I don't want it dampened by others.
    Best of Wishes
    Charlotte X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, that's why i keep quiet about mine, i'm fine about it with the people who know because i can explain everything but i wouldn't feel comfortable everyone i know reading it all lol xx

      Delete
  4. I have been blogging for almost five years and I've never really told that many of my "real life" friends. I had a massive panic the other day as I'd worn some shoes previously and someone was talking about them at the gym and tried to google for a picture of them. I was terrified that my blog would come up because I'd posted about them recently, but thankfully, he didn't know the brand name, and I hadn't used the same keywords he searched.
    I don't know what puts me off telling people, but it's a bit of a weird, superficial world, I guess - particularly outfit blogging, which is what I do, so it's all "blah blah blah shoes" etc. My best friends found my blog when they followed me on twitter and they were totally fine about it so I needn't have worried, but I guess it's odd to go around telling people that you post photos of yourself online.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahh ive been though the same, i always worry people will find it from searching for things a few people on my fb get glossybox etc and i always wondered if they had found me. Would of died if my sister had searched for the hotshots this time last year and found it before i told her lol xxx

      Delete
  5. I never used to tell anyone but I do now, I'm proud of my little blog!

    http://jo-beautyandthebooks.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so good that your comfortable with everyone reading :) xx

      Delete
  6. I love this post Laura! Even though I've been blogging for 2 years, I still haven't really told people about my blog and it took me a long time until I told my Mum and boyfriend, they're the only family members who know about it. If my friends do know it's through Instagram which I don't mind because they don't comment on things and if they look at my blog I don't know. But only my true friends follow me on Instagram. I think I worry too much that people will think I'm weird for blogging as to people who don't blog I feel that it still has that 'weird' and 'strange' label which is a shame xo

    Hannah | Glitter and Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks hun, I think its kind of like they are reading my diary if they find it with me knowing lol xxx

      Delete
  7. I love this post :) I only tell my boyfriend (not that he's interested), my sister and my mum! My sister has been encouraging me the whole time I blog and now she has started up one too!
    I always look at other girls in the shops and wonder if they blog too! Isn't that weird?! I'm now following your blog x
    Sweet Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  8. My husband is the only one who knows about my blog. I bravely put a few links of posts on my facebook, but to be honest I dont think anyone understood what it was.. a few people from my work clicked the "like" button on facebook, but nobody via my work have actually said anything to me. So I dont really put anymore links on facebook, dont know why. maybe when I really get my blog going then I might share a bit more. Not sure if my mum knows... she has seen my porfile on google + but doesn't follow me, she asked if i've posted anything on there and i didn't really answer.. she then said maybe a few posts lol so think she has seen.. I guess I need to watch what I post on my blog now lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Only my boyfriend knows and only because he would wonder what I was tapping away at my laptop doing. Nobody else knows and so I enjoy the freedom to write what I like without censoring my posts too much.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
PREMIUM BLOGGER TEMPLATES FROM pipdig