16 March 2012

DIY wall nail polish rack!! ....



 Before
After

Ive wanted a wall rack for so long and i was finally going to get one for my birthday last year but it next ended up getting ordered for some reason :/ plus i didn't think the one i found would hold all my polishes as the one i had seen would only hold 90.SO it decided to get to work and make one myself :)... which ended up been taken over by Jason....

I got 6 pieces of wood from B&Q (for arround £2.50each) and left to the length they were and cut the rest in half to use as the shelf's.
My plan was to glue them together but ones Jason decided he was taking over he used his nail gun to make sure that it wouldn't fall appart. I did end up putting a back on the rack so to hang it up we used two sliver things < (haha typical girl term for diy things :/) i have no idea what there called but they go over the top corners and a nailed to the rack and then into the tall (see picture).
I think im probably going to spray paint it white at some point too.

I'm not totally sure how many polishes the rack holds but i think i have 120+ on there at the min- unfortunately there wasn't room for them all so i am keeping my drug store ones (apart from Barry m) separate and just using the rack for my favourite ones :). 

I love it, im so glad i can now see all my polishes out nicely and ive definitely found myself changing my nail polish more often and using colours i haven't for a long time since having it up :).


Laura

39 comments:

  1. That is amazing! Love how you built it yourself, I need something to display my collections x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great, I definitely need something like this when I get a place of my own!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow it looks great! such a cute photo, love his costume =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. think I'll be coming to your more from now on, needed some new nail varnish ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woooowww, that is absolutely amazingly impressive and organised :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm def gonna try this, didn't realise the wood would be so cheap :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me tooo, was planning on doing it for ages and thought it would be more but when i looking it was so much cheaper than thought :) was about £15 for wood altogether :) xx

      Delete
  7. inspired by Dulce Candy? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no ive been planning to do it for month but had to wait for jason to be of work to help me pick the right wood :) i have just watched heres though :) xx

      Delete
  8. Dang girl, you have quite a collection! haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow super jealous of your collection! amazing

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks well good! You've got loads!!

    Pippa

    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. looks amazing! great handiwork!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Its like a shop!! Right I'm coming down for a swatching session :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks great, saw the DIY on dulcecandy, she made it looks so easy! Great that you made it! :D Looks lovely, may have to do this myself, polishes are growing.

    Lucy
    http://lucyywrites01.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooh this shelf looks like heaven :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great idea, it looks really good x

    ReplyDelete
  16. looks like the perfect nail polish rack to me!!! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just found your blog and love it! I am now following! What a fab nail polish collection, Jealous!! xxx


    www.misslv.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow this is such a good idea! im not very good at DIY though!! x

    http://she-shops-alot.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my goodness this is beyond amazing I cannot believe you have this many nail polishes! This is so cute and actually really nice decor! Cute blog, following you and your sister :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. could you do a post on your models own nail polish .. xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesomeee!! I gotta thank Google for responding with this when I searched for "DIY Nail Polish Rack". I am excited about creating my own and organizing all my polishes. I totally agree that once I have them at display, I will be revisiting some that I may not have worn in a while. Haha, you have a TON! But I completely understand your love for them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. ok first am soooo freaking jealous of u, giiirl u have all this amazing nail polishes I looove u hehehehe still jealous :s
    ur a genuis love how u build it urself xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. wow !! i found your blog while googling nail polish racks ! this is amazing i am going to try this !!

    www.justjoannablog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is amazing!! So organised and so nice that you can see everything so clearly!

    http://hannahrebekahcampbell.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. That's such a great idea! And your nail polishes look so pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Aww I love this!!! It looks so pretty hanging up with all your nail polishes. Really want something like this. xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Shocked!!!.. Not at the diy effort, thumbs up on that.. more to the number of nail polishes you have!!!lol
    Looks great though. :)
    Caroline.x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow! Would love something like this. I think it's clear to say you love nail polish! :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow! That is great!!!

    Beth
    www.life-as-mum.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
PREMIUM BLOGGER TEMPLATES FROM pipdig