2 December 2011

Corn Silk- Winter skin saviour‏?...

Corn Silk powders have been used by women all over the world from the late 1960's, and this vintage beauty buy is definitely coming back in style!!
As its getting back into winter i have found myself once again reaching for my Mac msf natural which is the only powder i have used to set my makeup for a long time.During the Summer it seems to get pushed to the back of my draw and as the weather starts to get colder it comes out again.Now this year theres a new powder on the block....
For the last few weeks ive been wearing Corns silk translucent satin finish powder over my make up then setting everything with my Fix+ as i do all year round.I love the finish it gives and how it helps my makeup last. I have never liked a matt looking face so the satin finish is great for me(although there is a matt finish if you prefer that).
When i first got the powder my first thoughts when i opened it were that the feel 
of it was a bit chalky although after testing it out it definitely didn't look chalky on my face at all -Phew!
I always use a big fluffy brush to apply over my foundation.
And secondly ...the 'vintage beauty' definitely shows its vintage side in its smell, it was like opening up my Nana's makeup bag.Definitely took me back to raiding her make up ;), so to me it wasn't necessarily a bad smell i actually quite like that it reminded me of my Nana and i could see my self pulling everything out of there makeup bag.Although it is quite strong and i can see that some people wouldn't like that,although i don't think it transfers onto the skin.
Im loving this powder and looks like all the stars are too ;).

 
 About Corn Silk....
Aimee Adams, makeup artist to the stars including Fearne Cotton, Pixie Lott, Elle Macpherson and Ellie Goulding, has recently been working alongside The X Factor girls. She said:
"I recommend Corn Silk for getting make-up to stay in place and give you a flawless complexion, it is incredible and the only face powder I use on my famous faces!" 
Corn silk is a make-up bag essential this winter for women wanting to avoid shiny skin and keep on looking good all day long. This product is the perfect secret weapon for women not wanting to look hot and sweaty  or  for those who struggle to get through the day without all their make-up disappearing.
  Corn Silk contains a natural walnut shell formula which helps to keep your make-up in place and comes in a matt or satin finish
This can be applied as a base for your make up as well as over your foundation to set in place.-Although i don't think i would use it as a base?

 Price?...
   The vintage compact is bang on trend with the current 60’s revival look and Corn Silk is available from Boots and leading pharmacies, for around-
£7.40. 
 Will you be trying it?
 Laura xxx

1 comment:

  1. When I first started obsessing about make-up (we're talking single digit age) I was completely captivated by Corn Silk, although I remember my one being really sparkly; it was my very first HG product :) great post xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
PREMIUM BLOGGER TEMPLATES FROM pipdig