21 October 2010

Would you like to feature on my blog?WEEK 6 chloe

 About chloe


My name is Chloe, and I'm 16. I have just started college, and I'm taking English Language and Literature, Media Studies, Psychology and Photography. I got into blogging from YouTube, I had watched videos for well over a year, then I noticed a lot of Youtubers had blogs, and I discovered this whole community. I am so grateful for all the followers I have and get. It makes my day when the number goes up :)


Questions
 
1. Whats your top 5 must have beauty items?
Concealer - I have hereditary dark circles, and I'd die without it aha
Mascara - I love how a tiny bit of mascara brightens up your eyes so much. My favourite mascara isMaybelline Collosal.
Blush - I'm very pale, so it always helps to have a flush of colour in my cheeks :)
Eyeliner - I usually do a thick-ish line at the top, I love the 1920's winged eyeliner look :)

2.What things do you use everyday with out fail?Concealer, Mascara and Blush

3.Whats your favourite makeup brand?I've always loved Rimmel, but Maybelline is pretty good too :)

4.I love fake tan, whats your favourite brand (if you wear it) and why?
I only got into fake tan this summer, and I'm not that good, but I invested in StMoriz mousse and spray, and for the price its pretty good :)

5.What has been your favourite nail colour/brand for this season? Ahh it's got to be Barry M. As for the colour, I like to chop and change because I get bored, so it's not always necessarily an in-season colour.

6.How would you describe your fashion style?
Ordinary? haha, I'm a tshirt/jeans/cardi girl, occassionally delving into skirts but I do love my cardigans. Pretty much all of my wardrobe is Primark, but I also like to accessorise with statement earrings and necklaces, because sometimes jewellery really makes an outfit.

7.Which celebritys style do you love?
I love Fearne Cotton, although I wouldn't wear her edgy, rocky look, I think it looks great on her. I also love Frankie from the Saturdays, she is often snapped in magazines wearing high street clothes.

8.What has been your favourite beauty or fashion trend this season?
I loveeee military. I'm not a big khaki green fan, but I've seen some really nice stuff with that colour. I love the military boots that they are doing in Primark, I definately have to get my hands on a pair of those!

9. What are 3 random facts about you?
I'm asthmatic - I found out on a cruise when I was 2.
I only had my ears pierced a year and a half ago. I have a ridiculously weak pain barrier, I nearly fainted, but I must admit I'm so glad I was brave!
I played the violin for 2 years when I was 10.

What you can expect to see on chloes blog :)
 
Expect quite alot of NOTD's. They're such easy posts to do, quick and simple. Also, I love hauls, so I will do my best to do regular haul posts. And of course, any requests are more than welcome.


Dark to light barry m = Eyeko Posh


This may seem a bit obvious to some people, but I have honestly never thought of mixing polishes together . I saw a post on Nicola's blog mixing lipsticks (you can see her post >here<), so when I was thinking about painting my nails with mushroom I had a lightbulb moment. I am a big fan of grieges, not so much on me, but definitely on other people. I swatched mushroom and found it far too dark. It didn’t go with my skin tone at all. But after mixing it with white to make a lighter version, I’m in love. I do find this looks best on short square nails, although I’m sure people will be able to pull it off otherwise.




You will need:
* A polish of your choice (I'm using Barry M Mushroom)
* A white nail polish
* A clear nail polish (optional)
* A container to mix your polishes in
Start with your white polish. Pour 5 drops into a container that you don’t mind throwing away (I’m using a takeaway tub). The ratio of white to colour was 5:4, but obviously you can go as light as you want.
Pour 4 drops onto the white, and mix with the mushroom or darker colour brush.



Add more to make it darker/lighter according to you. You can add some unwanted clear polish to make the consistency thinner if you are having trouble.




*The ratio I used was able to paint my two hands. You have to work quickly as it will dry. Alternatively, half the ratio and do one hand at a time*



Although, I don't own Eyeko Posh, from pictures, I think it's incredibly similar :)
This can apply to any darker nail varnishes you want to make lighter. Experiment!
Unless you like the colour, you can mix it all, and bottle it, but that sounds like too much hard work for me :P

Thank you so much for reading please comment, check out the rest of not fromconcentrate and follow!! Also if you would like to be featured leave a comment below with your email address Thanks :)

LauraXxx


 If you have already emailed me your feature but it has not yet been posted please dont think i have forgotten about you, i got sent quite a few and am working my way through.All features will be posted.








4 comments:

  1. Came out great, never thought of mixing mine!:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! Never thought of mixing nail polishes!
    I'd love to be featured on your blog Laura ;)

    http://brittanymakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. thankyou :) ahh the pictures were taken with my old digital camera, the quality :| haha :P ill have to an updated one :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great feature/Interview :)
    I'd love to take part if possible cherrytango@hotmail.com x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
PREMIUM BLOGGER TEMPLATES FROM pipdig