13 October 2010

Do you want to feature on my blog? WEEK 5- GIDDY PRINCESS

                                                                        About
                                                              Beauty blog of a Giddy Princess




Giddy silly girl from the northwest UK, with a dry sense of humour and a love for life! Spend most of my week in business suits in a large office with my business head on and then go home and dream about makeup, hair, pretty clothes and all other gorgeously girlie things!


 
                                                           Questions
 
Q.1. Whats your top 5 must have beauty items?

A.Lip Balm - doesn't have to be a colour just something that will stop my lips from cracking off!! Been addicted since I was about 8!
-Moisturiser - So my face doesn't crack off! (and I could be crafty and get a tinted moisturiser!)
-Eyelash curlers (I have horrendous boy eyelashes without!)
-Mascara
-Bronzer


Q.2.What things do you use everyday with out fail?
A.Everyday I use (proabably in this order):-
-Eyecream, Face Serum, Moisturiser, Primer, Foundation, Concealer, Powder, Bronzer, Blush, Eyebrow pencil, Eyeshadow, Eyelash Curlers, Mascara, Eyeliner, Lipstick (Quite a lot!!)


Q.3.Whats your favourite makeup brand?
A.Ooooo that's a tough one!! It's really hard to say my favourite but I think the one I rely on most for my daily essentials would be Estee Lauder, hmmm or Bare Minerals. Ok joint favourites!


Q.4.I love fake tan, whats your favourite brand (if you wear it) and why?
A.I love fake tan too!!!!! Sooooooo much - another addiction from a young age. I would say that the brand I use the most is Fake Bake Extreme (it's not so "extreme" by the way). It lasts a while and goes on a nice brown rather than orange colour. Oh and tans my face - which a lot of the others out there just don't do!


Q.5.What has been your favourite nail colour/brand for this season?
A.I'm not sure for this season as I would say it's just starting up. However for summer it was Barry M Berry Ice Cream. Loved it!

Q.6.How would you describe your fashion style?
A.Probably too safe. Often too casual. I am always in skinny jeans because they are easy and often just teamed with a vintage t-shirt.


Q.7.Which celebritys style do you love?
A.Hmmmm, I love Olivia Palermo's style and I also quite like Frankie's STYLE out of the Saturdays. Not sure about the music though!!!


Q.8.What has been your favourite beauty or fashion trend this season?
A.I am loving all the fake fur gilets - I had 3 of them last time they were "in" oh and all the capes - YES PLEASE!!!

Q.9. What are 3 random facts about you?
A.- I love beach holidays - but don't like the beach because I don't like sand
- I am very very untidy
- I was once on television on the programme 50/50 with school (a kids tv programme when I was 11)

                    Heres what you can expect to see on Beauty blog of a giddy princess

The term "FOTD" is used loosely here.

The purpose of this post is to demonstrate how some products really can make your skin look fabulous. My hair is scraped back and unstraightened. I have no eye makeup on and haven't even coloured in the eyebrows.

So for me this is really really bare faced. I would never let people normally see me like this!

However, sometimes it's good to come clean and show you things like how straight my eyelashes really are!
So here goes...



I used:-
Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation
Laura Mercier Under Eye Concealer
Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat
Lily Lolo Flawless Silk

What I like about this picture is that my skin looks smooth and healthy. The dewy(ish) finish really is down to Lily Lolo - I swear by Flawless Silk for making my skin look pretty.

I would never leave the house like this and this is the look I ended up with:-


Whilst I was happy with my makeup that day (lippie was applied later) what really struck me was that the bronzer and blush seemed to make my skin look duller. I always tend to use darker bronzers and blushers on my face because basically I believed you skin looked "dead" (as I MUA once described my sisters skin as because she didn't have enough blusher on - cheeky c"w) but I am really going to focus on using lighter blushers for a while to see if the above look can be kept.

What do you think ladies - have you found this at all? Any tips for flawless skin? Or pretty blush colours?

Thank you so much for reading please comment, check out the rest of Beauty blog of a giddy princess and follow!! Also if you would like to be featured leave a comment below with your email address Thanks :)
 
Laura xxx






8 comments:

  1. Hey great post!!! Lovely pics...Your eyes look great in the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura, great idea for a post! I'd love to be featured on your blog! olivia2901@msn.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely idea- id love top be feature
    hanna_b123@hotmail.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea, and I'd love to feature on your blog!
    mollyvogue@hotmail.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. fab! love it hun ... i'd love to be featured :)



    Staceymycroft@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun read, glad to know more about Giddy Princess.:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a lovely idea for a post.
    It's really creative.
    Love it.

    www.beccasdaydreams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this was nice :D Checking her out as we speak!! Or write :P I love beauty tips, so keep em coming any day ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
PREMIUM BLOGGER TEMPLATES FROM pipdig